The awards are open to firms operating in the UK's investment industry. Nominees can be involved in roles including but not limited to fund management, wealth management, investment research, financial advice, investment analysis, marketing, sales, human resources, compliance, middle, front or back office within the investment sector. The nominees must work in the UK (the International Investment Woman of the Year and European Distribution categories are exceptions).
We encourage people to nominate themselves, as well as others. Please note a person can only be nominated in a maximum of 2 categories. Women currently on maternity leave can also be nominated.
Please note the judges will focus on the impact entrants have made in the past 12 months in particular.
HOW IT WORKS:
Stage 1 - Nominations
- You can either nominate yourself (which we strongly encourage) or you can nominate someone else. It doesn't have to be someone you work in the same company as.
- Men can be nominated in the category for Mentor of the Year.
- The nomination form will just ask you for simple details about the person you are nominating so that we can reach out to them once nominations have finished.
- Nominations open on 8th March 2021 - there will be a form on this website for you to complete.
Stage 2 - Entry questionnaires
- Once nominations have closed, all nominees will be contacted
- They will be asked to complete an online questionnaire that they will be required to complete in order to progress to the next round of judging
- Each questionnaire will ask different questions depending on the category being entered.
- Once the entry questionnaires have closed, the forms will be judged and a shortlist will be decided
Stage 3 - Winners announced
- The winners will be announced live at the award ceremony
Judges will take into account:
- Outstanding achievements in the workplace or a particular role, especially over the past 12 months
- Challenges faced and how they were tackled
- Evidence of contributions to support and inspire women and improve diversity & inclusion within the sector
- Overall quality of submission
Only entries via the nomination system will be considered. It is up to the nominators to ensure contact details of those being nominated are correct. The panel reserves the right to close a category should the quality of entrants be deemed too low to judge, remove an entry if in the opinion of the judges the criteria has not been followed, or suggest another more appropriate category for entrants. The panel will take into account nominee responses as well as third party research such as websites and social media. The panel reserves the right to use public voting where appropriate. Chairperson's decision is final.