Incisive Media are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
- All signage used at the event are made from 100% recyclable material
- There will be no printed programmes at the event, instead all information is available on the event website
The Venue (Meet in Place, Monument)
- Refillable glass water bottles in all venues to keep all plastic use to a minimum
- Partner with sustainable conscious companies like Salad Days and Dragonfly Tea
- Recycles; paper, plastic, glasses and metal
- Energy efficient LED lighting
- Has bicycle parking spaces to encourage the use of cycle