Incisive Media and Investment Week are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
- All fish and seafood have been sustainably sourced
- Water will be provided in glass jugs instead of bottles
- No single-use plastics will be used
- All tea and coffee are provided by Miko, a Fairtrade supplier
- Any eggs served will be organic
- Regionally sourced and seasonal food products will be used
- Has the Green Tourism Business Gold Award
- Offer locally sourced, English wines
- Use energy efficient lighting, such as LED
- Source their energy usage from renewable sources
- Offer 20 cycling spaces and will provide bicycles for guests
- Use Engie as their green energy supplier