Incisive Media and Investment Week are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
- Committed to working towards the International Standard 20121.
- We have asked our event sponsors to join the effort by reducing their printed materials and give-aways.
- All our lanyards and badges are re-useable and recyclable.
- We plan to reduce food waste and look to reduce the serving of red meat at our events.
- Any signage at the event will be made with materials that can be recycled, reusable or electronic.
- We only used recycled paper for our feedback forms and all professional printing is printed on FSC-certified paper which is typically composed of virgin tree fibers and is guaranteed to be from sustainable forests, so the health of the forest is maintained.
- Recycles; paper,polystyrene, plastic, cardboard, glass and metal.
- Energy sufficient LED lighting is used throughout the venue
- Catering partner Wellocks - delivers all food products in fold-able reusable crates/ uses recyclable packaging
- All meat is farmed locally in Scotland, no air miles on our meat products.
- All diary products, milk, cream and eggs are all from local suppliers.
- Rooftop garden in-house, able to grow own herbs and vegetables, such as tomatoes and chilli plants.
- All food is redistributed between outlets, with no food wasted.
- The paper coffee cups purchased by the hotel are recycled locally in Dundee